With CKL’s Inventory Adjustment module for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you can correct mistakes in the history of your stock values without losing any previous information.
As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central user, you will have noticed that the program is not forgiving of mistakes. The Inventory Adjustment PLUS module allows you to correct an incorrect history without having to delete any previous movements or start over. You can reset the stock values and reinitialise the valuation basis and standard cost, while retaining movements with all of their information: They are stored in the archive and will also be available for evaluation in the future. If necessary, redefine the starting point. The changes are accompanied by an automatic reversal in the general ledger.
The Inventory Adjustment PLUS add-on thus makes it possible to correct errors that until now would have required records to be started over right from the beginning. This will save you time and money while you keep track of things at the same time.
Next webcast date:
The Inventory Adjustment module offers these benefits:
- You can start reinitialisation with your own opening journal
- By means of integrated functions, the erroneous items are selected and filled
- You define the initial value as the basis for reinitialising current assets
- You can call up and execute the function on the effective date after the fact as well
- Reset individual items as needed
- The system also contains the entire history with all information; only historical cost amounts are stored in the archive
- On the effective date, the complete integration with reversal takes place in the general ledger
040 / 533 00 999 0
Correcting an erroneous stock value history
Is your stock value always wrong? Are the standard costs of items being used as a valuation basis incorrect? ‘Re’-initialise the standard costs and valuation basis of your items while receiving full historical information such as movements and quantities.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central forgives no mistakes.
Your stock values are inconsistent due to operator error or incorrect postings in the past.
Inventory Adjustment helps you to cope with and solve the problem of an inconsistent stock history in your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central application.
After the correction, you can still access all historical movements in order to trace any movements or postings. Any quantity fields can be evaluated. The posted stock values are stored in archive fields and can also be evaluated if required. Inventory Adjustment provides the following answers:
- Complete resetting of stock values for any number of items
- Re-initialisation of standard cost and valuation basis
- Complete receipt of movements with all quantity information
- Defined starting point with a defined initial value
- Completely integrated reversal of current assets in the general ledger
Inventory Adjustment can be integrated seamlessly within the area of use of financial management of your Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central systems.
The following versions are available: NAV 2009 R2 (RTC, Classic), NAV 2013, NAV 2013 R2, NAV 2015.
040 / 533 00 999 0
Inventory Adjustment in detail
The Inventory Adjustment module puts an inconsistent and incorrect history caused by various user errors and mistakes back into balance.
Inventory Adjustment solves the following main issues:
- Reinitialisation with your own opening journal
- Filling and selection of items to be corrected via integrated features
- Determination of initial value as the basis of reinitialisation for current assets
- Feature can be subsequently called up and executed for the effective date
- Individual items can be reset
- History remains in the system with all information; only historical cost amounts are stored in archived fields
- Complete integration with reversal in the general ledger at the effective date
The Inventory Adjustment module makes full use of detailed item movements in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. On the effective date, items can be used to clean up the history using predefined filters. A new standard cost determines the value with which the system determines the new OP values to apply in the future.
When you post the opening entry within the valuation posting worksheet, the fields Total Amount (estimated) and the Total Amount (actual) are set to 0 for all entries of the item in question. A new value entry with the newly defined OP value is then created for the effective date. The total amounts of all affected entries are saved and stored in the corresponding archived fields. These remain available for evaluations. The Post Inventory Adjustment feature then creates the reversal posting in the inventory costs accounts for the old entries that are set to 0. Then, a new posting for the new value entries is created, which represents the new OP value of current assets.
In parallel, all items that have been archived are set to Archived Assets in the Asset Type field. The initial value for all valid entries with a value is current assets. The standard reports available in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central are then created with the new OP value for the appropriate periods and the entire history is corrected.
For which versions is Inventory Adjustment available? Check availability